Many Americans are trying to figure ways to save energy during challenging times. Installing an electric fireplace is one of many ways for homeowners to save energy and money. Here are a few of the many benefits electric fireplaces have over standard gas- or wood-burning units:
No need for a gas or fuel line, chimney, venting, or flue. All that is required is a standard 100v electrical outlet.
- They can be installed in a matter of minutes, rather than the days or weeks that a fire-burning one would require.
- Daily operating costs are far less than gas fireplaces, and there is no annual service fee.
- Electric fireplaces are cool to the touch, and safe for pets and children.
- The flames are in realistic hi-def, due to LED lighting.
- You can have a fireplace in every room, and move them easily – with no remodeling costs.
- No gas, smoke, or wood residue; nothing to trigger allergies.
- There is no cleaning or maintenance needed.
- Your house is safe from fires and smoke damage.
- Lots of modern and traditional styles to choose from.
- They can be placed in homes where fireplaces aren’t an option, such as apartments, condos, and dorms.
- Electric fireplaces are usable year-round.
More and more homeowners and renters are leaning towards electric fireplaces. There are, however, a few disadvantages to electric fireplaces over gas- or wood-burning units. Here are the basics:
- The fires are simulated, without all the warmth or smell of real flames.
- The heat provided is limited, and will not heat a large room.
- Electric fireplaces won’t work during power outages.